It’s warming up on the East Coast, which means Spring is right around the corner. While cozy comfort foods have kept me warm and energized through the winter, I’ve recently been craving lighter dishes with vegetables and zippy, bright flavors. This bow tie pasta dish with lemon, feta and arugula is the perfect marriage of all that I want.
Bonus – It took less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish, and there was very little work involved. Perfect for those on-the-go weekday meals!
Bow Tie Pasta with Lemon, Feta and Arugula
1 pound bow tie pasta (or other short pasta)
4 Tbsp olive oil
¼ c lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 Tbsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
Salt & pepper to taste
6 oz feta cheese, cubed
3 – 4 c baby arugula
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, and add pasta. Cook to al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Reserve 1 c pasta cooking water, then drain pasta into a colander.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and feta cheese into the warm pot, and warm on low – medium heat.
- Return pasta to pot, add arugula and toss gently to coat. (If you need, add a little of the reserved pasta water here.)
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Play around with the flavors & ingredients to suit your taste. Here are just a couple of ideas.
- Change out the arugula for asparagus or fresh peas
- Swap out the feta for ricotta cheese for a creamier flavor